Thursday, July 10, 2008

Does Hypnosis Work to Stop Smoking?

It is hard to do valid studies with hypnosis and so it has not been considered a reliable way to stop smoking even though there are many advocates. In my smoking cessation workshops, I get all of the smokers that it did NOT work for, in fact, often I heard that I am the smokers last resort--they have tried everything and nothing works. The University of California in San Francisco recently published a study that showed hypnosis was about the same as behavior counseling classes. But the quit rate was still low with only 22% being still quit at one year. It goes along with what I preach--Every method will work for some, no method works for everyone. Keep trying to find what method will work for you and eventually you will be successful. I wouldn't spend a lot of money for hypnosis but if you can find an inexpensive practitioner with a money back guarantee, you might be one of the lucky ones that it helps to quit.


http://pub.ucsf.edu/today/cache/feature/200806201.html

No comments: